You know the dot-com boom is over when...

From: Aaron Swartz (aswartz@upclink.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 07:03:34 PST

...you're being spammed with resumes and you can't afford to hire anyone.
                        (Hey, at least he can spell...)
    - [ Aaron Swartz | me@aaronsw.com | http://www.aaronsw.com ]
----------
From: james@idepot.net
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 04:12:53 -0500
To: aswartz@upclink.com
Subject: Offering my web/cgi programming services....

Dear Aaron Swartz,

I am a contract web programmer and have done work for many web
design companies and ad agencies. I specialize in CGI/Perl
programming on both unix/linux and NT platforms and have worked
on quite a few web projects including:

- complex search engines
- website and database searches
- e-commerce / web based shopping cart systems
- interactive threaded discussion forums
- web form handlers with email auto-responders

I quote by the project and will gladly provide firm pricing estimates
upon request. Projects typically are completed within 2-3 days and
come with my install and update support. Should you have the need
for my services either now or in the future, please don't hesitate
to contact me.

sincerely,
James Clarke
james@idepot.net