RE: Organizine shuts down one week after its launch

From: Jeff Barr (jeff@vertexdev.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 11:53:08 PST

The story of www.half-empty.org on /. shows that there can be
a happy ending (or is it a beginning) when you build a site
that suddenly becomes very popular:

        http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/01/11/1614257&mode=nested

They started out serving from a cable modem on Roadrunner,
knowing full well that they would be kicked off eventually,
as they were. Fortunately, one of their early users (from
dyndns.org) gave them connectivity and bandwidth through their
"cool stuff" budget. It's a touching story, in a geekish sort of
way.

Jeff;