Re: HTML email

From: Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 04:48:14 PST

Lucas Gonze wrote:

> I think it's pretty ballsy of JB III. to question the dogma against HTML
> email. Come to think of it, I think he's absolutely right. Why shouldn't

Especially ballsy, since he gave no (as in zero, zilch) hard reasons why
HTML should be preferred against plain text. Given the well-known reasons
why we shouldn't, he's perhaps showing more foolishness than testicular
fortitude.

> Pine be able to launch lynx in-place? At this point in time, is there any
> environment without an HTML renderer?

Look, the point is not what we *can* do, but what we *should* do.
I *can* poke a screwdriver into my eye socket, but this doesn't mean
I *have* to.

> The existence of web bugs is not, in my humble but cocky opinion, a
> serious problem. It is really really easy to fix.

It is not a serious problem, compared to the other ones. As to the easy
fixes, please tell us, because I don't see a quick and easy solution.
If you allow remote resource access while the rich content is rendered,
you're toast.