RE: [AP] Automated video-scanning for criminal mugshots

From: Damien Morton (Morton@dennisinter.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 07:47:02 PST

I believe they run one of these kinds of system in central London, in the
City.

The thing is - these systems can only get better than they are.

Imagine having one of these monitoring every entry point to Manhattan, say.
You get to your tollbooth and theres a camera there observing you and
feeding snapshots back to the central database for verification. You dont
get a green light and the barrier doesnt go up unless you are considered
harmless.

Now if someone came up with a software phrenologist...