Re: wind on windpower [Re: [NYT] Slowdown ...]

From: Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 03:51:01 PST

Dave Long wrote:

> Of course, if it turns out that most people
> don't live in the places they desire, there
> ought to be some better phrasings. Perhaps
> "...[consistently heavy wind areas] are not
> the most often chosen living locations"?

Oh, I dunno.. Both Washington, DC and Boston are
fairly heavily populated, and well-known for two
different types of 'wind.' I shudder to think of
the U.S. population moving en masse to either,
however. :-)

I would not be surprised if there was an old patent
for a personal wind-powered energy generator.
DCites would attach it to their hats such that it
depended in front of the mouth, and Beantown residents
would no doubt attach it to the backs of their belts.
:-)

--
#ken    P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Apache-Server.Com/> "Apache Server Unleashed" <http://ApacheUnleashed.Com/>