RE: in shock

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 11:43:57 PST

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Lisa Dusseault wrote:
--]
--]What you've just said is, everybody who died of breast cancer, prostate
--]cancer or leukemia, died the WRONG WAY. There's no right way to die and for
--]you to suggest otherwise is a slap in the face to anyone who's lost someone
--]they loved to cancer.

Dying of cancer is about as wrong a death as I can ever think of, ok toss
in Aids and all the other medical wonders that leave you lying in a bed
while your being devoured by yourself.

I watched way to many freinds and family memebers go out this way. Most of
them would probably have wanted the option to go out in a manner of thier
making, heck I know one who did. My grandad wasnt allowed that option, he
got to sit in bed for three years and rot from all the cancer he grew.
I was only about 10 at the time. Had I been able I would have taken him
down to the bar to die doing waht he loved, drinking , hanging out with
his buds and telling some cool stories. BUt no, the grown ups had
apperences to keep up and some warped sense of duty. Lot of good it did
him.

I didnt weep for his dying, I wept for the years of pain he endured.

Mr Race Car driver went out doing what he loved doing. YEs he had
potential years left to him, yes death in general is wrong and death
from driving a car in circle really fast whith lots of other cars bumping
into you while thousands off fans cheer you on is even more wronger, but
dying in a manner not of your choice in pain and suffering across years
tearing apart the souls of the ones you love is just about as wrongest as
i can think.

IN the end though all death is wrong and we should do everything in our
power to outlaw this vile act. Write your congressperson now.

      /"\ [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]
      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail