Re: [Red Herring] Gene Mania? Enough already!

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 22:39:05 PST

Woo woo!!!! So the killer tech in this area is functional proteomics?

Wow, tell us something we didn't know, Red Herring.

These guys get *paid* for these 2 year-old insights?

Quick "insider" tip for anyone attempting to make a play in this are: go hire
Jeffrey Scholnick from Scripps. Two year lead in anything semi-related, working
code talks bullshit walks. Trust me, I spent REAL DOLLARS* (my own) and about six
weeks doing personal due dilly in this space in Feb. '99 or so.

You heard it hear first,

jb

* Went to a conference early '99 called "Functional Genomics," the topic of which
was ironically proteomics-related. Cheapest PhD ever. ;-) Bear in mind --- I have
no undergrad, bailed on that to work for Sun. Went to this conference.
Apparently, the assumption was that nobody w/o a doctorate in a molbio-related
field would attend --- consequently, my name tag read "Dr. Bone." Woo woo! Still
get trade press trash addressed as such as a result. :-)