Re: Divorce: shared custody should be mandatory

From: ThosStew@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 13:46:56 PST

an even better solution would be to require Dr. Laura Schlesinger to share
the bed with the happy couple for the year--

I quite agree about custody, though there are often cases where the child
becomes a weapon; in those custody leads to the poor kid being
stalemated--mommy says yes and daddy therefore says no, or vice versa. In
such cases forcing one to give up control is better.

Basically, I think there should be a bias in that direction (shared
custody)--but from what I've seen, every case is different. These need to be
worked out on a custom basis, couple by couple, judge by judge.