Re: The Stranger, on Eminem & Elton

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 21:04:49 PST

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, mec wrote:

--]I have appreciated Marshall Mathers since 1999's Slim Shady LP.
--]All this hoopla over his perceived "hate" message is passe' in
--]my house because we deal with such things via critical analysis
--]of context and concept.
--]

Acid test.

I taped the show last night for my 6 year old. Now shes heard a few of Ems
tues and thinks they are fun to dance to, thats about it. She had a
brief 2 day stint where she would spontaneoulsy say "my bum is on your
lips, my bum is on your lips" as she danced..it was replaced by some
Britneu spears thing. (at one point last summer she got into using the
phrase "caught him once and he was sniffing my undies" from a john prine
song that was my wifes and mine wedding song) I showed her the performance
from last night, had her listen to the words and the music etc. Her
reactions....

[The stormy movies are scarey, but thats ok casue it was jsut a
show thing

The song is kinda weird, is he singing about some one or himself.

The car falling off the bridge was a scary

He should not curse (she said this when the Biotch word came out)

The funny man in the suit playing piano has a nice voice

Oh, he was singing about himself, wasnt he??

That was cool, is that the slim shady guy?

Can we watch the christina Agurlari part again. ]

There ya go, a 6 year olds take on it.

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail