Re: Divorce: shared custody should be mandatory

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endeavors.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 16:35:26 PST

Grlygrl201@aol.com wrote:

> it's exactly like this: if i were to say that 65% of marriages end in
> divorce - a recent statistic - would you assume i was indicating no one
> should get married?

This stat has always been funny to me. People automatically
jump to the conclusion that it means 65% of people getting
mallied will get divorced. What if 90% of all divorces are
by 10% of the people?

I think there are some people out there that have 2, 3, 5
marriages under their belts. I love the story about the dysfunctional
couple that have been divorced and remarried 12 times--to each
other.

Greg