Re: Divorce: shared custody should be mandatory

From: Grlygrl201@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 04:39:32 PST

let me say this and be done with it:

any of you folks gone thru a divorce out there? it can take years. so,
while dr. laura might be suggesting a couple can't even file for divorce
until they've gone thru MARRIAGE counseling, i'm suggesting that, once
they've filed, a couple WITH CHILDREN should HAVE to go thru FAMILY
COUNSELING while separated and awaiting the final divorce decree. when i
went thru my simple divorce (no kids involved) we had case maintenance
hearings every couple of months. that would be the perfect time for a FAMILY
COUNSELOR to report to the judge what is going on. if parents feel there is
a real consequence (besides screwing up their kids) maybe they'd put some
effort into learning healthy parenting behaviors.

(you know, in some ways divorce is like the gun control issue. some people
don't want even a three-day waiting period to get their "freedom" in their
hands.)

over and out,
gg