Re: real-time conferencing

From: Stephen D. Williams (sdw@lig.net)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 17:15:00 PST

Thanks for pointing this out!

I forget how efficient GIF can be... I should have seen this a year
ago. It's an obvious solution but this is so minimalist and efficient
that it seems pretty attractive.

I believe that VNC was earlier, but that's Java based in the browser.

A lot of the early (and/or pay) 'web video' sites of course used very
interactive video that was just push GIF's, and they usually have chat,
not sure if any used graphical chat.

sdw

--
sdw@lig.net                 sdw@insta.com