Re: [PBS] What Teens Want

From: Tony Finch (dot@dotat.at)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 12:56:28 PST

James Hong <jhong@xmethods.net> wrote:

>what kind of teenager claims they barely watch tv? Odds are that it's a
>teenager that:
>
>1) isn't normal
>2) is lying through his/her teeth, and is just trying to make everyone think
>s/he's better than everyone else.
>
>Maybe there's a correlation between #2 and people who go to schools called
>the Milton Academy..

I think going to a school like the Milton Academy implies #1 :-)

I went to boarding schools for 10 years from the age of 9 to 18,
initially because my parents wanted me to get a better education than
was available in Jamaica where we were living. I studied Latin for a
few years and could have studied Greek if I wanted to.

My schools were mostly TV-free zones, so I never got into the habit. I
never got a TV when I went to university or afterwards because there
was very little on that I wanted to watch and I couldn't be bothered
to organize my life around the programming schedules. Reading books
and Usenet (nowadays mailing lists) are far more interesting ways of
wasting time.

Tony.

--
f.a.n.finch    fanf@covalent.net    dot@dotat.at
BISCAY: SOUTH OR SOUTHWEST 3 OR 4 BACKING EAST 5, INCREASING 6 OR 7 LATER.