Re: Seattle Wireless

From: Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 22:57:06 PST

Chuck Murcko wrote:

> I imagine you also need a geodetic or phased antenna array and some control
> logic before you "can select on the fly the space cone you repeat to"? Assuming
> you have more than one choice.

Essentially a bunch of directional antennas would be more appropriate.
Mirrors/lenses and NIR/VIS sources when using optical line of sight.

Control logic yes, but nowadays you could probably make it a mostly
software radio. The largest problem is that you have to use a protocol
where nodes have geodetic coordinates (say, WGS84) for addresses, and
sufficient node density for it to work.