Re: [XML Bastard] XML Sucks! Fork You! No! Fork Yourself!

From: Stephen D. Williams (sdw@lig.net)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 17:48:01 PST

Tony Finch wrote:

> "Stephen D. Williams" <sdw@lig.net> wrote:
> >
> >Suggest something. Something like IETF headers? With the new CMIP
> >rules (mainly to avoid the silly restrictions on line length and
> >annoying continuance stuff) it's ok for flat things.
>
> CMIP rules? URL?
>
> Tony.
> --
> f.a.n.finch fanf@covalent.net dot@dotat.at
> SOUTH BISCAY: SOUTH 3 OR 4. SHOWERS. MAINLY GOOD.

>From the IETF IMPP working group mail list:

(I am, in general, annoyed with IETF (i.e. RFC822 style) headers
compared to XML fields, but I've come around to some extent after many
IMPP arguments. The key comment in this document which gives it much
more credibility is that, for crypto purposes, the crypto hashes are
computed 'as if' this were the message format. Very smart, finally.)

Just what is a "specofocation" though? ;-)

Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-impp-cpim-msgfmt-00.txt

Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:

> This draft is a work item of the Instant Messaging and Presence Protocol Working Group of the IETF.
>
> Title : Common Presence and Instant Messaging Message Format
> Author(s) : D. Atkins, G. Klyne
> Filename : draft-ietf-impp-cpim-msgfmt-00.txt
> Pages : 26
> Date : 12-Feb-01
>
> This memo defines the mime type 'message/cpim', a message format
> for protocol that conform to the Common Profile for Instant
> Messaging (CPIM) specofocation.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-impp-cpim-msgfmt-00.txt
>
> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
> "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
> type "cd internet-drafts" and then
> "get draft-ietf-impp-cpim-msgfmt-00.txt".
>
> A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
> http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

sdw

--
sdw@lig.net  http://sdw.st