web logging proxy?

From: Eugene Leitl (Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 03:42:35 PST

I'm really getting ticked off about the state of the art in computer
software. Nutscrape has a creeping memory leak and doesn't remember the
webtrail, so I manually, laborously moved the hundred locations (I took
about 3 days to research) stored in Netscape to Opera, which promptly
freezes up after a while. (Well, it's a beta, but I need a lightweight
browser that works). So I have to kill it, and of course dumb Oprah
doesn't store the uris ini a persistant dbase. Meaning, software crashee,
you loseee.

I don't mind that badly if a browser bombs a few times a week (well, I do,
but it doesn't drive me up the wall, screaming), provided I don't lose the
state stored in the URI field.

I guess this means I need a logging proxy which doesn't interfere too
badly. Do you know a good one, preferably in Perl or Python? Perhaps
one which also strips the cookies and the ad business?