Re: Napster's Burning/ F*d

From: Karl Anderson (
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 14:02:26 PST

"Joseph S. Barrera III" <> writes:

> Jim Whitehead writes:
> > I ordered an item from this past Sunday, read Greg's email 5 minutes
> > later, said "shi*t!!", and then resigned myself to hell... until the Ceiva I
> > ordered showed up on my doorstep on Tuesday.
> Cool. On the other hand, I ordered a new Ethernet card for my laptop
> yesterday from PC Connection at 3pm PST and it showed up on my
> doorstep this afternoon by 2pm PST. And they're based on the east coast.
> (Which also means no sales tax...)

Are the larger net computer supply vendors really cheaper than your
average local store these days? Anything that I can fit in my bike
rack I look up on the local store's price list, call in an order, and
pick it up on the way home from work. I can usually find it 10%
cheaper on a listing from, but that usually involves
some random unknown company. Plus returns are painless this way.

Not counting my thinkpad, which I bought from microwhorehouse, but
I really had no choice there.

Karl Anderson