Re: we get NO signal, all your 802.11 base are belong to the Man

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 07:40:29 PST

You'd think, but for 1) I don't think I can get the distance, and
2) there really is a lot of noise between here and there.

At the very outset, if I can bridge the distance, I am assuming
it'll be somewhere between 1Mbs and nothing depending on the
actual card.

I am hoping to figure out some HiperLAN2 type approach which would
seem like a waste. 54Mbs of glorious 5Ghz channel with absolutely
nobody populating that spectrum; I am hoping I can do it without
bending a couple of FCC rules in the process. I don't want to light up all
the toasters between here and there with FoRK traffic. 8-)

It sucks to know something is so close, but so far.

Greg