Re: Ginger discussed on Today Show?

From: Wayne E Baisley (wbaisley@enspherics.com)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 19:08:49 PST

> stating that the life time fuel efficiency out ways the impact of
> producing a plastic car with current plastics creation and recycling
> techniques.

Around Chez Baiz here, we limit our consumption, recycle (far more than
goes in the trash), compost prodigiously, even wash and reuse plastic
bags (throwback to the hippy days and taking Plastic People to heart
(not to mention making our own granola)). One of the advantages of
Naperville was that it was among the very first places to have curbside
pickup of recycling. That's all just to establish some 'act locally'
enviro-credentials.

But, having been on the losing side in a VW Rabbit vs.. Cadillac
Eldorado Biarritz battle, I'm not interested in plastic cars. I want
steel, and I want mass.

Someday, there will be a global vehicle routing system that will allow
my car to drive me anywhere that I might want to go (or at least to the
popular destinations), much fasterly and saferly (comparative adverbs,
you understand) than I could do myself, and that can even adjust for
most unexpected events like black ice and suicide drivers, while I read
or talk with the fambly. Then I'll be interested in lightweight.

Cheers,
Wayne

This is a warning. Step away from the car.
This car is protected by Viper.

Watch your mouth, kid, or your gonna find yourself floating home.
We'll be safe enough once we make the jump to hyperspace -
Besides, I know a few maneuvers - we'll lose 'em.

What's your order? I can supersize that.
Please bring your car around.

I get around, round, round, round, I get around,
Yeah, get around, round, round, I get around.

I can hear you. Just barely hear you.
I can just barely hear you.