RE: Ginger discussed on Today Show?

From: Bill King (BillK@opendesign.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 10:05:21 PST

On Monday, March 12, 2001 7:09 PM, Wayne E Baisley wrote from Chez Baiz:

> Someday, there will be a global vehicle routing system that will allow
> my car to drive me anywhere that I might want to go (or at least to the
> popular destinations), much fasterly and saferly (comparative adverbs,
> you understand) than I could do myself, and that can even adjust for
> most unexpected events like black ice and suicide drivers, while I read
> or talk with the fambly. Then I'll be interested in lightweight.

Here's an article about a proposed "RUF" train. You use your own little
electric car to get to the freeway, then link up as part of a "car train".
Hands free, talk on the phone, Internet access, take a nap, etc, while
you're part of the train.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/science/03/09/ruf.car/index.html

Bill King
OpenDesign, Inc.
bill.king@opendesign.com

HELP WANTED: "Satellite Installer. Must provide own transportation."