Market Perspective

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 16:15:58 PST

Reality is a harsh mistress, welcome back.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=%5Edji&d=5y&c=&x=on&y=on

The Nasdaq has returned to be inline with the other market metrics, which
have been stagnant for 2 years.

Between the market and the layoffs, looks like people may actually have to
know something and do some work (I know, I know, the very idea!) to get rich
in the future, unless you can scam a VC of course. Curl shows there is still
hope for the easy life. The college dropouts appear to be panicing just a
little and HTML is now a hobby not a career.

I hear biotech is looking for a few good suckers, buy Nasdaq:FOOL now.

Think the public can cope with the usual 5-7% growth per year? Kinda takes
the fun out of the paramutual betting known as the stock market doesn't it.
Money market funds are fat and swelling more every day, and suddenly 5.5%
doesn't seem so bad - soon to be 5.0% with hopes of 4.75%.

The valley is still a lower plane of hell, but it's getting much more
entertaining around here *chuckles*

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com