Re: [CNET] Notebook Makers Prepare 1GHz Blitz

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 07:31:36 PST

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Eirikur Hallgrimsson wrote:

--]I just do not understand people who think we've hit a pinnacle, or at least
--]the most performance that anyone really needs. History shows that software
--]emerges that will make use of it. I live in anticipation of that software,
--]so I'm always in favor of performance increases.

IF you make it , they will come. PLain and simple. Lets not forget the
classic blunbder quote fromthe Billinator "640 K is more memory than
anyone will ever need" (badly paraphrased, but its monday morning and im
back in the office)

There is no pinnacle that is the highest, no summit that is the last goal.

Bubles may burst, dark ages may stunt, little minds may hamper but over a
long enough time frame the vector of newercoolerfasterbetter goes up.

In the words of Slim Pickens on his ride dowwn to earth on the back of a
bomb "yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw"

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail