Re: Why "progressive" tax schemes are evil

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 08:04:57 PST

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Jeff Bone wrote:

--]
--]True, but don't confuse the issue. Ubiquitous, onerous debt resulting from the
--]insane availability of credit is a VERY VERY VERY serious problem --- I'm sure
--]you heard last week about the 8 year-old kid who was approved for a $5k credit
--]card without any parental involvement.
--]
--]It's a bad thing.
--]

If you got a 1 million $ credit line, would you use it up knowing you
could never pay it back?

Why do people feel they are entitled to consume without responsibility, to
suck on the credit tit and then whine when the bills comes?

Having credit is not the same as having the fiscal fortitude to use it
wisely. This is a probelm with the end user, not the system itself.

Oh wait, of course, some of you are the type who feel that people should
be shielded from thier own responsibilities and freedoms because ,
basicaly, they arent able to deal with the consequences.

Guns, education, credit...

SO this is another one of those, "well for your own good we will have to
tell you what to do, arent you so lucky we love you so?"