Re: Why "progressive" tax schemes are evil

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 08:42:46 PST

> SO this is another one of those, "well for your own good we will have to
> tell you what to do, arent you so lucky we love you so?"

I'm with you, Tom, 100%. The root problem in our society today is that nobody takes
responsibility for ANYTHING. Guns, education, credit --- just like you point out.
And when you can't be held responsible for anything, the only possible stability you
can imagine comes from parental oversight. Enter surrogate parent, Uncle Sam...

"He's got more, I want some!"
"Dad, Willy called me a cracker again!"
"Mom, why does Bobby have a new scooter and I don't?"
"I don't CARE if it's Suzy's birthday, I WANT MY OWN CAKE TOO!"
"How come Billy gets to go the 3rd grade, and I have to go to 2nd?"
"Ooh, I ate too much cake, my tummy hurts and its Suzy's fault and I hate her!"

Sickening.

Just ridiculous.

If our buddies the Founders had known how far we'd've slid, they just might've let the
British stick around...

:sighs with disgust.

jb