Re: Why "progressive" tax schemes are evil

From: Tony Berkman (tberkman@rcn.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 11:25:16 PST

> I am sick of jabronis slapping a label down and then arguing to the label
>and not the issues at hand. I have seen it go down that way here more
>often than I would like to see. It so Vox to set up the label and
>then shift the focus to it and its percieved attributes than to actualy
>get dirty with your own feelings on an issue, or worse your really dont
>have any feelings and are simply frothing at the mouth with prepackaged
>label oriented rant material.
>
>It happens on fork way to often for me to be fool enough to walk into the
>trap, Non Serveram babby.
>
>Being myself I am
>--tom

Wait one minute!!!

You had said:

>oh wait, of course, some of you are the type who feel that people should
>be shielded from thier own responsibilities and freedoms because ,
>basicaly, they arent able to deal with the consequences.
>Guns, education, credit...
>SO this is another one of those, "well for your own good we will have to
t>ell you what to do, arent you so lucky we love you so?"

I was responding only to your thoughts above not to the label. I used the
label because I thought it gets down to the core of the point you are
making which is that people need to step up and accept responsibility for
their actions. I'm not trying to set any trap, just stimulate some debate
on what I believe to be the larger issue here. I am honestly interested in
YOUR answer to the question: do you believe in any laws that might be put
in place for "your own good"?

I am more than happy to get down and dirty on this issue, I just happen to
like approaching it from a top-down rather than a bottom-up.

tb