Re: Why "progressive" tax schemes are evil

From: Tony Berkman (tberkman@rcn.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 14:38:03 PST

A strange analogy considering the number of regulations that ARE in
place. Many of them just serve to let the Goldman Sachs of the world
expand their wealth at the expense of the average investor. Or else allow
only "qualified investors" to participate in private equity deals... blah
blah blah. So I would say there are plenty of rules in place and most of
them suck. But some I do agree with. For instance, I wouldn't do away
with the margin requirement and I might even make it higher. Again, it's
that same old question of where the responsibility lies and sometimes it's
necessary to level the playing field. Unfortunately, those with the $$$
will do all in their power to prevent this.

tb