Re: Reform This

From: Grlygrl201@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 04:09:17 PST

In a message dated 3/20/01 10:36:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, jbone@jump.net
writes:

<< Sure, sure --- we need tort reform. Make the frivolous suits much, much
 harder --- establish evidentiary requirements, put caps on awards in...
 stop distributing the punitive portion of damages to the plaintiffs!
 Lots of interesting ideas for how to reform it.

 That doesn't mean tort in general isn't a good and effective tool.

 BTW, my dad just built a nursing home. He's a hospital exec. I've been
 hearing all about how hard it is to effectively and profitably provide
 care to the elderly, just of late. His number one beef? Regulation. >>

(the apple doesn't fall far from the tree . . .)

 :-)

so you want to regulate the LEGAL SYSTEM instead?

the rubber of your ideal will never meet the reality of the road here, my
good man. next?