Re: Buy Canadian [was Re: GAB]

From: Bill Humphries (bill@whump.com)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 11:58:45 PST

At 2:17 PM -0500 3/24/01, Matt Jensen wrote:
>"PBS's Frontline did a piece in February 1994 called "The Diamond Empire"
>that systematically debunks the entire diamond mythology. To begin with,
>diamonds are not "rare and exotic."

Even though my ex-wife saw this documentary when it first aired, she still insisted that she get diamonds as gifts.

Someone should try to work Marilyn Monroe's death into the whole DeBeers conspiracy mythology while they are at it. Remember "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend"?

-- whump "I have a process for making large quantities of industrial grade diamonds, now if I can figure out how to ship them off the neutron star."