Why I don't post anymore...

From: Rohit Khare (Rohit@KnowNow.com)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 22:00:30 PST

... it's because I'm on this regressive tip back from IP to TV... a
one hundred and fifty inch diagonal HDTV, to be precise.

http://homepage.mac.com/ccrim/home-theatre/index.html
>The Sony VPL-VW10HT video projector is an LCD projector designed for
>the home. It is relatively compact (compared to normal televisions,
>rear projection TV's, or CRT projectors) and yet can project a very
>large image (Sony says up to 300" diagonally). This projector is
>also remarkably easy to set up and you get a pretty darn good image
>right out of the box. That is to say that you don't *have* to do any
>expensive modifications or buy additional hardware or do lots of
>tweaking to get an exciting image

I'm not kidding -- I haven't bought a consumer electronics device in
years I haven't regretted to some degree, but this is the BOMB! The
only downside I can bitch about is the inability to shove in a pure
digital 1366x768 signal, and the lack of a 3:2 pulldown on the
internal line doubler for film-source DVDs.

http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/vw10ht_faq.shtml
>Specifications
>Projection System: 3 LCD Panels, 1 lens
>LCD Panels: 1.35 inch polysilicone TFT LCD panels, 1366 x 768 pixels
>per panel (1,049,088 pixels x 3 panels for a total of 3,147,364
>pixels)
>Light Output: 1000 ANSI lumens (16:9 aspect ratio); 750 ANSI lumens
>(4:3 ratio)
>Dimensions: 15 5/8" x 6 5/8" x 16 7/8" (395 x 168 x 427mm)
>Weight: 17 lb. 10 oz. (approx 8kg)
>Accepted Signals: DTV (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i), progressive
>component, 15k component 50/60 Hz and composite video, V/C video, RGB
>Computer Formats: RGBHV, RGsB, 640x480, 800x600,1024x768, 1280x1024
>(scaled down to 1024x768)

Oh, and the current ROMs can't sync with the 540p from one of the
most popular HDTV decoders out there (the RCA-DTC100 -- it does do
1080i!), but hey, I live in a silly apartment with no south-facing
satellite views and zero hope of over-the-air HD reception as it is.

Of course, the lease runs out in four months... a TV is worth moving
for, right?

Back to the future,
   Rohit

PS. Call ahead, and bring popcorn -- we've already ran out of the first case!