Puts Own Staff Out Of Work

From: Udhay Shankar N (
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 19:20:53 PST

[I thought this was pretty funny. :) - Udhay]

Tuesday March 27, 7:22 AM Puts Own Staff Out Of Work
NEW YORK, NEW YORK, U.S.A., 2001 MAR 26 (NB) -- By Adam Creed, Newsbytes.

Internet jobs listings company Inc. [NASDAQ:HOTJ] said late
today it has cut its workforce by 15 percent and is aiming to make a profit
by the end of the year.

Finding it harder to find hiring employers, New York-based said
that the sackings and a one-time restructuring charge of $2.5 million to $3
million should turn the company around.

"We are reducing our costs to better position ourselves to become
profitable no later than the fourth quarter of 2001," said Dimitri Boylan,
HotJobs' acting President and CEO.

The previous CEO Richard Johnson, who set up the Web-based job listings
service in 1997, stepped down at the beginning of March. shares closed on Monday up 25 cents to $5.50. is on the Web at .

Udhay Shankar N                      <udhay @>