Re: psycho ex-girlfriends

From: Eirikur Hallgrimsson (eh@mad.scientist.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 20:54:26 PST

I wanted to connect to this, because I've certainly been there, but that site
is terribly mean-spirited.

I know why *I* have had some difficult breakups. It's almost certainly
because I tend to find stable, reliably level-headed, people dull. I'm
trying to develop an appreciation of healthy personalities in the opposite
sex, but it's hard. I usually just can't take sunny dispositions seriously.
I think I've reached the point of being able to generally recognize
personalities that are likely to be harmful to me, but it would be nice to be
able to spot the ones that are good for me.

Somewhere there's a match for me, with intelligence and complexity tempered
with insight and wisdom. A certain amount of turbulence is to be expected.

Eirikur