Re: Computer biz singularity

From: Udhay Shankar N (udhay@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 22:41:51 PST

At 03:35 AM 3/29/01 -0800, Adam L. Beberg wrote:

>So in 2 years, we'll all be working at biotech companies becasue patents ==
>monopoly == profits. The computer hardware that isn't already made in asia
>will be (by children of course), the software will be free($) or written in
>India.

The assumption behind this appears to be that software written in India
will be dirt cheap. I'm not so sure about that, given that the ambition of
all the big software services companies here is to become Andersen
Consultin (gag, choke) and charge $500/hr. They're not so far away from
getting there, too.

Udhay

--
Udhay Shankar N                      <udhay @ pobox.com>