Re: Nightmare on Elm Street with Win2k Professional

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 08:26:56 PST

Tom WSMF wrote:

> QUick and easy way around that.....ZIp the fucker and tell the zip program
> to break it into 640 meg chunks.. Or use RAR.
>
> Hell how do you think the kiddies and warezerzers do large install rips of
> games? RAR or ZIP and chuck the product down.

Oh please. Multiple CDs suck. The only people willing to bother
are the ones who can't afford the dosh, i.e. warez kids. There's
nothing better than a 75G disk with NFS, tar, and gzip -10, and dd for those
beloved 640Meg chunkolas.

Speaking of which, I've been trying to figure out if Sun
can turn JXTA into something interesting. Every "protocol"
needs a killer app. I wonder if some command line rsync to
a parallel virtual file system might do the trick. Right
now with a RAID box, you need all the disks in the same box
or else fdisk won't recognize them. I wonder if one of the
JXTA command would be like an rfdisk so you could mess with
other people's low level file systems to store all your encrypted
warez.

Greg