Re: [Fortune] The Era of The Next Big Thing is over? Was it overwhen the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??

From: Eirikur Hallgrimsson (eh@mad.scientist.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 08:59:29 PDT

> > I hate to say it, but if you dont have the dry powder ready to cover a
> > retreat you really should not make a run on Russia.
>
> Unavoidable, Tom. The deal structure was what it was.

My demise was using margin for living expenses, then Softbank
did their crazy Japanese style split, dropping my net worth to 30% of
it's "actual" value for a month (unredeemable margin call city) during which
we had the worst of the melt-down.

You're not the only hurting puppy by a long shot. I have absolutely NO
idea what the heck the tax results will be for me. I've got an appointment
with my accountant coming up, so I've got to get my transaction histories
straight.

Eirikur