Okay, so here's what I know. This advice and $4 will get you a grande mocha
frappacino at Starbucks.
* structure your option plans so they can be early-exercised
* file your 83(b) elections ASAP
* make sure you're okay to net exercise
* deal -w- the qual / non-qual issue early
* make sure you're okay to pool in acquisition
* insist on shelf registration rights in acquisition
* insist on hedge-ability in acquisition
* don't borrow money to exercise options (so I hear...)
* don't margin to pay taxes (if you can avoid it!)
* if you self-hedge, BUY PUT LEAPS!
* listen to those smart IB private client guys
* diversify early and broadly
Disclaimer: I know nothing at all, nothing, really. But this guy did:
"The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent."
-- John Maynard Keynes
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun Apr 29 2001 - 20:25:26 PDT