Re: MIT Free

From: Bill Humphries (bill@whump.com)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 17:44:29 PDT

At 2:01 PM -0700 4/7/01, Dave Winer wrote:
>Why does a famous university like MIT need to do marketing?

When I was teenager, my brother (who was at the time a well-established suburbanite and executive) asked me where I wanted to go to college.

I told him MIT, and he said he never heard of the place (mind you, he went to Texas Tech.)

So outside of geek circles, MIT still needed some name recognition.

That's probably changed in the past 20 years.

-- Bill