RE: Microsoft's Astounding Arrogance

From: Jeff Barr (jeff@vertexdev.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 14:54:01 PDT

Uh, my parser seems to be parsing this plan in a less threatening way:

You'all:
        Microsoft is building something into the OS that will restrict
        us from ripping MP3s at high quality. They will block us from
         doing this and force us to use their proprietary format.

me'all:
        Microsoft will include MP3 ripping software in their OS, but it
        will support moderate bit rates only [that's the severely
        limited quality]. If we want to rip MP3s at a decent bit rate
        then we'll have to find a ripper somewhere else.

Disclaimer: I am a former MSFT employee.

Jeff;