RE: Akawho?

From: Damien Morton (Morton@dennisinter.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 12:37:08 PDT

I think the akamai people have been having some trouble this week.
Usually, their stuff is pretty fast, but lately is piss poor.

We used to use Akamai, but at $2000/Mbit/month its a little hard to justify
when compared to $800/Mbit/month for a normal ISP.

In addition, Akamai doesnt support http/1.1 compression at all, so our
bandwidth usage was higher when using Akamai than when not.

Supposedly they are planning on running XSLT processors on their edge
network later this year. An interesting model.

Damien Morton
Senior Programmer
Dennis Interactive
(212) 372 3829

"Why is the moon more important than the sun?"
"Because we need the light more at night!"
-- Nasredin