Re: Blackout central...

From: Antoun Nabhan (antoun@incellico.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 07:31:26 PDT

Actually, maybe that *is* working for the collective good. How else do you
have a mandatory 2-hour break in the middle of the week that nobody has to
feel guilty about? It's just collective bargaining by other means; nobody
can convince their fellow man of the ultimate wisdom of taking a break, but
if you can use the power company to convince all the *machines* to take a
break, then you get a couple hours to go outside in the nice California sun
and play.

Baby boom indeed - I hear a lot of couples complain that they don't have
time to get it on like they used to, so the power company taketh away, but
the power company giveth, too.

But maybe I'm just addled from too many >75 hour workweeks... :-)

Seriously, I think that the culture of California is just to figure out a
way of dealing with whatever; people will work around the blackouts. I'm
Going Back to Cali like L.L. Cool J. Now, if I can just find a black
Corvette and some Daytons...

--Antoun