StupidCaliFornicated

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 11:39:26 PDT

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Jeff Bone wrote:

--]
--]The worst thing about this blackout situation is that it probably means more CA
--]tech refugees in the other high tech Meccas of the US. Austin's already got
--]enough, send 'em elsewhere.
--]

Oregon has got enough Southern and Bay area whinejerksaholes to last a
decade or three. In traditonal egocentric actions the first thing most
Cali translpants seek to do is make OR into Cali. They usualy wind up in
these enclaves of like minded folks with trendy overprice stores that seel
the same shit trinkets you can find in any other Caligheto. Here in
portland there is an area known as Trendy THird (23rd) street where this
is most evident. The rents are higher for no good reason other than the
jerks pay it. They bitch about the rain alot and go on as if the folks
who like it here are morons.

While this is a crude generalization with many expections it serves to
get those who most resemeble it very pissed off. So flame if you
want..well nod and realize what we are dealing with.

(and before you go off, yes transplanted NYCers gripe some, but not about
the weather and we dont, that i can see, try to make OR into NYC. Most of
the old NYCers I meet here are here for the same reasons i am , we got
burnt out on NYC, so recreating it here is not somehting we want to do.)

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail