RE: [Fwd: California's Position on the Energy Crisis]

From: Lucas Gonze (lucas@worldos.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 09:43:35 PDT

NY rent is unbelievable for newcomers, but oldtimers generally have a Deal.
Fighting to the death over real estate is an honored tradition which has led to
a system dominated by special arrangements. For example, I have a friend who
just received $50K to move out of his apartment, so that the landlord could
raise the rent from what he paid ($750 for three small contiguous units) to
market (at least $3000). Bad as the tenant scams are, landlord behavior is
worse. EG, buildings falling down, truly stunning neglect, and much much worse.