Boom Boom Boom wont you go to my room.. Was Re: Okay, who broke the utensil?

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 13:58:59 PDT

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Eirikur Hallgrimsson wrote:

--]All that traffic about fixing the list and, suddenly, (those are 'scare
--]commas') no traffic at all. I need my fix, fixed or not.

Cribbed from Slashdot
-------------------

This laptop will destruct in five seconds Posted 04/17/2001 - 1:17pm EDT
[Discussion] Speaking of laptops, Wired has a story up about how the
British government is dealing with a tendency in some employees of
misplacing their laptops, including those containing sensitive data.
And, naturally, they're looking for a technological solution. One plan
calls for laptop cases that open only when supplied with the proper codes.
Hopefully, those forgetful agents will manage to remember the codes, since
the cases have a built-in electronic self-destruct mechanism that erases a
laptop's hard drive if the case is opened by force.

Blammo. Actually, the quote I really liked in the article described one
particular loss:
An agent with MI6, Britain's international intelligence agency, lost her
computer after getting drunk in a London tapas bar. She believes she may
have left it in the bar. Heh. Maybe they should set the laptop
self-destruct to go off when it detects alcohol fumes. -Ator