Re: Sorry: Undeliverables

From: Stephen D. Williams (sdw@lig.net)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 14:31:25 PDT

Steve Bush wrote:

> Sorry about the undeliverables to stevebu@bushchang.com over the last
> couple of days.
>
> I've been wrestling with putting Exchange 2000 on my home web server to
> handle non-work email. It's a pain in the ass to get all of the
> required services working together without exposing your private network
> to the Internet: DNS, Active Directory, Internet Connection Sharing,
> DHCP, IIS and BlackIce Defender. Active Directory is a one way trip and
> it totally messes with DNS so you have to get things just right before
> installing Exchange 2000. It's amazing what you have to do to configure
> a semi-protected home LAN.
>
> The good news is I think I've configured everything correctly now.
> Sorry for the undeliverables....

Gee, Linux is a snap. Of course I just gotta have the newest and best
so I grab all new packages. I still get it configured faster than Win2k
would have taken me...

You have a point with the scheduling thing though. I don't know why
everyone else hasn't got their act together. If HP open sources Open
Mail we'll be all set; it supposedly does full Exchange calendaring.

sdw

--
sdw@lig.net  http://sdw.st
Stephen D. Williams