Re: Evolution being slow ...

From: Dhiren Patel (dlists@dhiren.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 19:56:42 PDT

Yes, I saw the same show. The size of the beaks changed in proportion to
the kind of food that was available. Some beaks were better at breaking
open harder seeds, other a softer stuff, etc. As the weather and seasons
changed, the kinds of seeds would change, and the number of birds with each
kind of beak would change dramatically over just a few generations. There
is also a great book about it called "The Beak of the Finch." --
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/067973337X/qid%3D987821445/104-4137657-1467107

Dhiren