RE: Lisp, the secret weapon.

From: Lisa Dusseault (lisa@xythos.com)
Date: Sat Apr 28 2001 - 15:16:19 PDT

Lisp may make better programmers, but that doesn't necessarily mean it makes
better programs.

> So if Lisp makes you a better programmer, like he says, why wouldn't
you
> want to use it? If a painter were offered a brush that would make him a
better
> painter, it seems to me that he would want to use it in all his paintings,
wouldn't
> he?

To take an example from Shaolin Wooden Man (I love martial arts movies,
particularly Jackie Chan), you can become a better fighter by walking around
in lead shoes & carrying water up stairs in buckets with holes that make you
run to get to the top before all the water runs out. But when the training
ends, you lose those restraints and take the best tools you have, and the
strength or technique you've built up is there for you.

lisa