Re: Lisp, the secret weapon.

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 22:53:32 PDT

Eirikur Hallgrimsson wrote:

> Digital had this strange sense of thinking small.

No VMS fan, me, despite having run a farm of them, but... I have to give credit
where credit is due. They totally screwed the namespace and attribute spaces,
but they totally nailed the mutability-of-files / versioning model.

jb

PS - IBM discussion relevant: IBM --- particularly the AS/400 group --- is IMO
the only operating systems group in the world to build and ship commercial OS
products on the right security / authorization / authentication model, i.e.
capabilities...

jb