RE: DVD rant

From: Lisa Dusseault (lisa@xythos.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 09:49:05 PDT

Seems unlikely I admit, but could it be the player or the software?

I've been a fan of DVDs for a year and a half; in fact, ever since several
DVDs (with director's commentary, score-writer's commentary, bonus material
and previews) kept me going for days during recovery from wisdom tooth
removal. I've never had a problem with DVDs missing material. I've rented
from NetFlix (a happy member), Tower, Blockbuster, and that excellent
independent place on the corner of San Antonio & El Camino. Also I own a
number of DVDs including cheap ones bought for $6.99 with "oldies" movies or
cheesy martial arts flix. None of these have been problematic.

In the matter of CDs that get scratched and skip, there is a tool that can
buff them and perhaps restore to playing quality. I think it's called CD
Doctor and we bought ours at Fry's. I assume it would work on DVDs as well.

lisa