RE: DVD rant

From: Damien Morton (Morton@dennisinter.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 10:23:18 PDT

When CDs first came out, the aluminium layer was sanwidched between two
layers of hard polycarbonate. There were even people making CDs from
high-impact composite glasses.

Now the aluminium layer is painted on one side, with the CD stuff painted on
top of that. Merely scratching the paint layer is enough to destroy the CD.

Damien Morton

The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty. Its too big.