RE: [ reactions ] Re: [NYT] Microsoft Is Set to Be Top Foe of Free Code

From: John Hall (johnhall@evergo.net)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 20:59:11 PDT

I've been around long enough to know that it is true. Those who dispute it
usually
have a overly-restricted idea of 'superior'. They are still using BetaMax
tapes
and trying to program with FORTH on their AMIGA's.

Dave Winer wrote:

> I don't understand much of what you say. If open source is the superior
way
> to go then it will win in the market.

Dave! You've been around long enough to know that's not true. Or is
that the windmill that you tilt at, and we should leave well enough
alone?

_SRC

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata "@" virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/
 ** Project Management & Architecture for ISP/ASP Systems Integration **