Re: It's IBM dummy

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 00:20:00 PDT

I pay Apple no money, and I don't plan to.

The bridge is betw Mac software and Unix software.

I'm specifically interested in the bridge betw scripting cultures.

It's there, and it's interesting.

Imagine calling a Mac program from the command line.

And being able to invoke a shell script from inside a Mac program.

Also there are lots of SOAP and XML-RPC implementations in the works for Mac
OS X.

It *is* an interesting place, if only for the reason that one OS can run
(modified) Mac apps, and Unix ones.

It may only be of historic interest, or it might be the beginning of
something new.

Believe me, I've been in a similar place, re being locked-in by Apple.

But now I'm not in the trunk anymore.

I got out. ;->

Dave